Welcome to our Virtual Careers Event where we hope you will gain some inspiration for your next steps in education. We will continue to update each providers tab with any new information and upcoming events. After February half term, you will need to access the Careers event information via the Careers page.
As an alternative to work experience you can sign up and login using the link below. This will direct you to some virtual job opportunity case studies and activites.
1. Course area search- www.hartpury.ac.uk/college/courses/
2. Course area homepage- can link out to all subject areas with more details- www.hartpury.ac.uk/college/course-areas/
3. Equine courses specifically (this link can be changed with the course area at the end to search for the other course areas, so replace equine with “a-levels” or “sport” for example)- www.hartpury.ac.uk/college/course-areas/equine/
4. University main course page, just in case!- www.hartpury.ac.uk/university/course-areas/
Open Day virtual events:
1. Open Days (General- links out to both college and uni)- www.hartpury.ac.uk/courses/open-days/
2. College Open Days (this link will take you to where you can book a place for the event, but also where students can book places on a physical campus tour, if they would like to visit in person (following Government Guidelines)- www.hartpury.ac.uk/college/open-days/
3. Our open days are all virtual at the moment and do require booking in advance- we offer a variety of sessions, from sessions exploring our course areas, virtual tours, learning support and wellbeing, living on campus etc.- you add the sessions to your “ticket” so you can pick and choose the best ones for you.
1. Main transport page for college- www.hartpury.ac.uk/college/facilities/life-at-hartpury/transport/
Information on Bursaries/ Support:
1. Information about Financial support for college students, including outlines of our bursaries- www.hartpury.ac.uk/college/facilities/life-at-hartpury/finance/bursaries-loans-and-additional-financial-support/
2. Finance and Finding (General information for University)- www.hartpury.ac.uk/university/facilities/life-at-hartpury/finance/
3. Student Support at College- https://hartpury-publications.cld.bz/FE-STUDENT-SUPPORT-BOOKLET-20201/
1. Guide for those interested in living on site at College level- https://hartpury-publications.cld.bz/FE-ACCOMMODATION-GUIDE-2021-ENTRY
Useful links for Equine:
1. Virtual Tour- great way to have a look at all of our facilities- including equine- www.hartpury.ac.uk/college/facilities/life-at-hartpury/virtual-tour/
2. Equine hub- activity page with quizzes, career information etc.- we do have a page for each of our course areas- www.hartpury.ac.uk/about-us/work-with-us/equine-education-hub/
1. We do also have our dedicated outreach page with some useful tips for students, online activities to do with their subject area and workshops that we can offer schools and colleges: www.hartpury.ac.uk/about-us/work-with-us/outreach-workshops/
A new course table – transformed into a concise and simple to read table which will allow prospective students to find exactly what they are looking for at a glance. With the key information now shown by course. level, campus and entry requirements. Designed to help students make their choice easily and have a smooth application process.
Introduction our T-Levels — click on the course links below to find out more!
An alternative to A Levels, T-Levels are a new, two-year qualification designed to give students a head start towards the career they want. They bring classroom learning and an extended industry placement together on a course created with businesses and employers.
·Two years of full-time study and equivalent to three A Levels
·80% classroom/20% on work placement
·A mix of industry specific, technical knowledge and practical skills
·Underpinned by maths, English and digital skills
·A nationally recognised certificate with UCAS equivalent points
·Progression to a skilled job, higher apprenticeship or university
Watch a short film on T-levelsherefor more information and for use in tutor time
QR Codes — featured in both our FE and HE prospectuses. Each QR code quickly launches the relevant course or department of interest. Students simply hover their phone camera over the QR code and click on the pop up to go to our website to apply
Our move to QR codes underpins our commitment to move to a digital platform and our commitment to being eco-friendly. Our prospectuses are printed on the county’s only carbon neutral press, the mark of approval can be found on the back of our FE prospectus.
Our campus videos — click on the links below, a great way to show your students inside our campuses and for showing in tutor times.
In its drive for environmental sustainability, the college will not be producing a paper prospectus this year. Instead, the website has all the information required for students to research and apply for a place, under each course area. https://www.sgscol.ac.uk/study
There is a downloadable/viewable full prospectus as well for those who prefer this format.
We realise that students often need a paper-based resource to begin their research, so we have produced “Z-Cards” (credit card-sized expandable mini prospectuses) and courier delivery will begin today to you. These Z-Cards contain engaging course information and scannable QR codes to each course area, with details of course duration and application. Please let me know if you do not receive your pack within the next 2 weeks.
Each practitioner should be able to download the document from there. You should also encourage the young people you are working with to download it from the website. Please keep this link to hand when working with young people and their families, as this also includes information for support services post COVID-19.
If you or any organisations you are aware of, have upcoming events/information that you would like included in the SPIED, please let us know and we can get these added to our next SPIED.